Carols in the Kitchen for Maggie’s Centres
We are delighted to announce our collaboration with Maggies Centres – come join us (WiFL members & families only) on Sunday 20/12 at 4pm. Donate on the night.
Hosted by Fiona Bruce, the concert will have carols to sing along with, fabulous readings from James Norton, Sue Perkins, Stanley Tucci and Dominic West*, as well as musical performances from Lulu, Ellie Laugharne and Roderick Williams OBE*. There will also be a premiere of a new choral piece by Eric Whitacre.
Have a chance of winning a signed guitar from Ed Sheeran and help support people with cancer by entering Maggie’s prize draw. Prizes include:
- A brand new Lowden Sheeran guitar, signed on the body by Ed Sheeran “Play this Guitar Lots of Love Ed Sheeran”
- A Luxury Mixed Wine Christmas Case from Lea & Sandeman
- A Three day weekend getaway for five in a beautiful Whitstable cottage
- A Burlington Hamper from Fortnum & Mason
- A three month flower subscription from The Real Flower Company
- A bespoke portrait of your loved one from Kate Finlayson, a medium sized portrait of either a person (graphite) or an animal (watercolour).
- Buy 10 chances for £50 or 5 chances for £25. You can also enter for free by writing your name, address, telephone number, email address and ‘Carols in the Kitchen Prize Draw’ on a card and sending it via 1st class post to: Carols in the Kitchen, Maggie’s, 20 St James St, London, W6 9RW.**
All proceeds from this carol concert will support people with cancer. Coronavirus has had a huge impact on people with cancer. Screenings have been missed, treatments have been altered and surgeries postponed. For some there will be unbearable mental anguish as they learn that their cancer is no longer treatable or survivable. With your help, Maggie’s can continue to provide emotional and practical support to everyone who needs it.
£15 can pay for someone to get one-to-one help with money worries from home.
£50 can pay for a family to attend a kids’ days, which helps children to understand and come to terms with mum or dad having cancer.
£100 can pay for three people to work through difficult feelings with a psychologist on the phone.
Help support families who need Maggie’s this Christmas.
*Please note confirmed readers and performers are subject to change.
** For full terms and conditions go here. Please note that entries close at midnight on Friday 18 December.